German Sports Cars Feature in Tenenbaum Collection at Arizona Modern
It’s official. The Arizona Modern will feature cutting-edge German sports cars as part of the Tenenbaum Collection, reports RM Sotheby’s.
Anyone who wants to catch a glimpse of a 918 Spyder or a “Flachbau” Turbo S should be heading to Arizona this January. There, the cars will be shown as part of the annual RM Sotheby’s event.
The historical Arizona event is an RM Sotheby’s staple – hardly anybody would pass up the opportunity to visit the Arizona Biltmore Hotel and Resort to check it out. This year, the hammer falls on January 27th, 2022.
German cars deserve their place on the podium when it comes to automotive engineering. They have been innovative since the market began in the country – it’s just the nature of the beast!
Bertha Benz inspired us all when she agreed to take the first-ever long-distance journey by car in her husband Carl’s Patent Motorwagen set only on three wheels. The tradition lives on with both Porsche and Mercedes-Benz. The Tenebaum Collection features the cream of the crop.
The hardest part of all will be choosing which car should be the backdrop of your latest car selfie.
Here are some of the cars expected at the Arizone event:
- 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL ‘Pagoda’ – Estimate: $60,000 – $80,000 USD, offered without reserve
- 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280 SE 3.5 Cabriolet – Estimate: $300,000 – $350,000 USD, offered without reserve
- 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo ‘Flachbau’ Targa – Estimate: $350,000 – $450,000 USD
- 1994 Porsche 911 Turbo S ‘Flachbau’ – Estimate: $800,000 – $1,100,000 USD
- 1987 Porsche 959 – Estimate: $1,200,000 – $1,500,000 USD
- 2005 Porsche Carrera GT – Estimate: $1,000,000 – $1,300,000 USD, offered without reserve
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe – Estimate: $225,000 – $275,000 USD, offered without reserve
- 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder – Estimate: $1,200,000 – $1,400,000 USD
The bidding will take place at the Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, on January 27, 2022. This will be the 23rd annual sale.
See more about - The 12 Best Supercars You Can Buy Right Now